Want to know about me? Here’s your chance.
- Why is the site called The Belgian Takedown? It started as a joke between a very dear friend of mine and myself. If you Google “The Belgian Takedown” you will find that it is a VERY nasty way to take out a sentry. I won’t spoil it for you by listing it here. When you see it, you’ll know why the secondary tagline mentions “putting the boot of Truth to things that need it.” I closed the first blog some time ago and when I opened this one, I decided to continue the tradition.
- I am a stay at home dad with 2 special needs kids. I decided to start this blog as a way of providing (hopefully) some more rational takes on issues that we are bombarded with in the news and the media, while avoiding much of the vapid, pointless gossip and scandal that we see in so many other sources of information. My hope is also to provide some much needed (in my opinion) encouragement to you, the reader. Let’s face it – if we went on what we heard, we’d expect every newscast to begin with “Welcome to the news; we’re surprised you made it through another day, or at least this long.” The world’s not like that. Sorry, Nancy Grace and all the others who make a living scaring people. It’s not. If I can, though my efforts here, brighten one person’s day, give them some information or point them to some that can help them, or just bring a smile to someone’s face, I’ll be happy.
- This page, and my blogs, are NOT – NOT – politically correct. PC, to me, is the biggest scourge on our country since they took Thundarr The Barbarian off the air, and it will not be used here. If you are one of the chronically offended, then you may want to go elsewhere.
- I believe that neither I nor anyone else am responsible for atrocities, evils or bad things done by those who lived 5, 50, 100, or 1000 years ago, nor should we be subjected to those who want to try and level guilt on us for it. If we had no part in it, we have no guilt for it. It’s that simple.
- I believe that life is not fair, and the sooner we realize that and stop trying to MAKE it fair, the sooner we’ll start realizing the difference between equality and equity and between a hand up and a hand out.
- I’m a follower of Jesus Christ and Scripture. I don’t follow a church, a doctrine or a denomination (This was mentioned in DA RULES, also)
- I’m a Centrist, if you REALLY want to pigeonhole me. If you don’t, then I don’t subscribe to any political affiliation, group or party. (This was also touched on in DA RULES)
That being said, happy reading and let’s get to it, shall we?
Oh yeah – aren’t you glad you asked?