- You can speak about the very real, physical/mental/emotional differences between men and women and not be a misogynist.
- Likewise, you can not like female comics/actresses, etc and not be a misogynist.
- You can speak about the differences in races and not be racist.
- Likewise, you can bring up facts and points that deal with racial issues that are true, however uncomfortable they may be to those who have an agenda to push or a narrative to push, and not be a racist.
- What you ARE is who you are, inside – the one thing that no one can possibly know. They can make a damned good guess, but they can’t KNOW unless they can read your mind.
Why am I posting this? I’m posting it because the Boot of Truth needed to be put, HARD, to the unending stream of name-calling, debate crushing tactics used by those who have an agenda to push and who only believe in and allow opinions that are the same as theirs.
What sparked it was the unreal number of articles listed accusing all those who think that the latest remake (it is a reMAKE – not a reBOOT) of the Ghostbusters movie is going to be about as funny as a broken leg, having seen the trailer that was posted on Youtube, of being misogynistic babies who hate women. I have seen terms like “man babies,” “man cry babies,” “misogynists,” “little boys” and the like so many times it makes me sick. It never fails to amaze me how when a man calls a woman names, is smug and patronizing, or talks down to her he’s a horrible brute, but when women do it to men, it’s o.k.
Add to that the fact that it seems, by all counts, that Sony is deliberately removing the reasoned, thought out arguments to why people believe the movie looks bad with a capital B and is leaving (odd, that!) the few comments that ARE, invariably, misogynistic in nature, and it makes you wonder just exactly what is going on here, but I digress.
Well, no. I don’t like the looks of the movie. I didn’t find the previews funny. I don’t find the comediennes funny. I’m also not a misogynist. Whoever wants to can call me one all day long – that’s your privilege. The Boot of Truth is that it doesn’t make it so. Too few people remember that. Names mean exactly Jack and Squat.
Don’t let the bastards grind you down. Male, female, like something or not, agree or disagree; stand up for your PoV, and damned be those who try and shut it down by labeling you. That’s a tried and true tactic for stopping real discussion – and it only works because people let it. Don’t be one who does.
I leave you with this quote from The Captain:
“Doesn’t matter what the press says. Doesn’t matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn’t matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — ‘No, you move.'”
God bless today, my friends – and BE STRONG!